Friday, April 06, 2007

"Apres moi, il n'y a rien."

A twist of Madame de Pompadour, but all the same.

After this rather long hiatus, I want to pick things up again. At least for a little while. This being abroad thing is really making me think and stuff again. So, with my little fragments of thoughts that swish around in my head, I bring to you this thing... my blog.

So, Paris. I'm here.

I went to a club last night. It was free for international students last night. Being an international student now, I was compelled to go. Free was more compelling actually since I've been spending a barrel of money everyday. I got to cut back before I run out of money buying barrels.

Le Mix: It played different types of music - just to qualify its name. Free is synonymous to very crowded. But, all in all, I had a blast. I haven't been dancing for a long time and it was nice to do it without being ridiculously wasted or acutely sober. I found a nice medium. On the by and by, I was approached by this girl who looked like she had been on a trip for the last two days. She asked me if I had 'x'.

Spanish girl: really?
me: nope.
Spanish girl: (looks around anxiously) are you sure you don't have 'x'?
me: (laughingly) no. Sorry. (pause) oh, good luck in trying to find some.

Lily also had the same problem.

I left around 1:20am-ish. I walked home from the Gare Montparnasse to my home in the 14th. It was a brisk walk. I should have enjoyed more of the night. My family is now away for their Easter break. away for the entire next week. So, I'm home alone. It's like having an apartment in Paris to myself. It's nice. I made some brunch today and am now anticipating a day to wander the streets to buy some foods for tonight's dinner.

I'll rewind sometime in the future. But, I don't want to now. It would involve too much digging. I did a good enough job burying and moving on... I don't want to undo it just yet.

Maybe I'll go read in the Tuileries today.

Perchance....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home