Sunday, April 24, 2005

Little by Little.

I'm starting to get it. Whatever that could ever mean....

This quarter is so forward going. There are quite a few performances that I want to see left in the quarter. Stanford has this really big "POW-WOW" thing every year with lots of Native-American groups convening for a big festival. I look forward to it a lot. There's also this dance thing our dorm and others are doing on a boat soon floating around in the San Francisco Bay. It should be amusing. I'm also involved with relay for life again this year. So, it should be immensely fun. We just need a good turn-out. It sure does seem like very thing just depends on a good turn-out. The faceless masses are so necessary. AHA! This is the purpose of a surplus of population!!! Why didn't I think of this before? (hahah....I hope you, the intelligent reader, can sense my sarcasm) But yeah....

Lots to do... to say the least.

I'm also doing Stanford Admit Weekend. I guess I'm gonna be a summer camp counselor/helper for at least a weekend. Because, everyone knows Stanford is super-uber-fun. Haha. Pile maybe two feet of work on top of that fun though. It's all good. I shouldn't complain. I really shouldn't.

AHHHHHH! I love the Romantic Period! More so everytime I get back into it. I think I might never "grow" out of this period. *audible sigh* I should grow up though. But....ahhhhhhhh......Wordsworth....Coleridge.....Keats......

Poetry is really giving me a boost.

Jumping around again. I saw some movies this weekend. I saw a Chinese "chick-ish" flick - "So Close" - the girls had such fine hair...........pause..... and "The Day After Tomorrow." I should try to finish "Shawshank."

Tonight, being a Saturday night, I should come out of my hole and do something fun. I am going to this Japanese Culture event tonight with Olivia, my beloved rowing Frenchie! But, I want to have some fun too. Haha. I wish I had gone out for dinner last night with someone.....

I talked to an Emily from San Francisco last night. It was rather random....Just kinda talked in the hallway about how Stanford Life is quite "unsavoring" and even "depressing." We're such hopeful, optimistic people.

Wow, my writing is going down the latrine. I should do better. Now, it's just me blabbering....blab....blab...blab...

So, I'll let you go.....

Or you don't have to. I also have other methods of communication too.

I leave you with a great Chinese proverb:
"Money is good."

Do think about it.... it's a toughie.

Here are some random thoughts from Tri:

draw groups suck, friends are so elusive, NO ONE KNOWS ANYONE, people can't commit, "Why do birds suddenly appear?"........

3 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

' Just kinda talked in the hallway about how Stanford Life is quite "unsavoring" and even "depressing." '

Well fuck, if your ivy-league Californian college life is depressing, us central-Texas tiny private school SU people dont stand a chance..

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You choose that life. How your life is should not have anything to do with your surrounding. You choose to withdraw yourself from the world not the other way around. Be happy that you have something. Don't take on so much than complain. Don't kill yourself because you want to block out what you feel. Just know that there is someone out there that care about you, even if you don't know who he/she is. Take care.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Tri Luong said...

I choose "that life" indeed. And I will stick to it relentlessly. I am happy with what I have. I complain because that's the foundation for American youth. How can one not follow path? Anyhow, I complain not in seriousness because I enjoy all the things that I do. Complaints here signify nothing more than a list of things that I must do. If I really didn't like it, I wouldn't do it. I would never kill myself. And never to block out what I feel! I enjoy and appreciate everything that I feel. I can't imagine living a life without feeling. I thank you, anonymous, in telling me that someone "out there cares about" me. I know that. I always have. I also usually know who they are.

What I write may seem sadistically dark, but that's because I can be overly exaggerated. It makes life more savory. Why half-feel when you can completely-feel? So, yeah.

So, thanks for the rebuff - but, I'm well taken care of. Thanks for the concern though. And of course - I will take care. I always have.

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home