Wednesday, March 02, 2005

That day again.....

Well, it's that day again. And it's almost over.

I bit into my pear today and found a worm. I wanted to tape the last piece that I just bit off back on. But, I had already swallowed some earlier pieces. So, I just held it back in its original place while I stood outside in the rain talking to someone two thousand miles away. I went back inside and I threw it away. It lays exposed in my trash can now among some dirty tissues - open and raw.

I want to walk to the lake tonight. To see it being filled. To see it come into its realization. But, I'll probably get more sick. There is no moon tonight. Just clouds. I'll probably not see anything at all. Just a glistening glittering caused by ripples and street lights bouncing their waves off of the surface.

I saw an unraveling today. Randomness unfolding into something disjoint and yet at the same time so connected....so fluid. A fluidity that offers esperance to chaos. I hope to find that.

My day...hmm...how can any day really be anyone's. It only accentuates and emphasizes. Pushes against the contours of life hidden under a cloak of normality that is draped over it - a cover sheet of fabric that smooths over deep contours sharply etched in underneath.

....is almost over.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautifully written, my dear sir... It sets my mind apart this morning. I hope to talk to you soon! *Katie

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is a wonderful comment for a wonderful person! You should start writing in the same great fashion about the good things that happen, like talking to me :-)

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home