Saturday, October 30, 2004

Lunatics!

Wow, it’s been like six weeks since I’ve been here. Wow, that’s a long time. And, boy, does it feel like a long time.

And yet, it isn’t.

I can’t say that I’m too close to anyone yet. There are some that are very hopeful potentials, but not quite there yet. It’s kind of odd to think about such things. Last night, I talked to Em for about an hour. Yay! It was really nice to talk to someone that you already have such close bonds. But I spent a large part of the time trying to catch a skunk. It just seemed sooooo very soft. I think that last night was the first time I have ever seen a skunk in real life. (it just trotted right past me on the ground from one bush to another.) And guess what! Emma was there to experience my reaction to my first experience of seeing a skunk. Then……came the badgers and black cats with white streaks…………….but that’s for another time.

Well, the infamous kissing event at Stanford called Full Moon on the Quad occurred on Wednesday. I was there for about one hour and a half. It was very interesting indeed. I think it is also the first time I’ve seen about thirty completely naked people together……in flesh. Of course, it was kinda cold, so the only logical thing to do would be to paint their bodies to keep themselves warm. Which they did. Bright interesting colors – tamarisk orange, typhoid yellow, bruised red, etc………. It was very odd at first. But, I don’t think it elicited any reaction from me – too vulgar I think. (they were not shamelessly ugly people….these streakers were mostly attractive, athletic people…..yet nothing.) Oh well. I think it’s the context that throws me off. Too many people, too cold, not very sensual…….anyhow. I think I’ll stop talking about the nekkid people. Other than that, there were bands playing all through the event. They played songs like “Rollercoaster” to “Go Fuck.” There was also a burlesque show that started every so often. It had feathers and everything. (and was much more seductive) There were fire dancers and lots of loud music. But……don’t forget about the one most important detail. There was a lot of kissing! (fyi. – I was not part of the kissing crowd) The sponsors of the event even passed out flyers on different types of kissing with manuals teaching everyone how to perform the kiss. It was very odd to think that college students really devolve down to such carnal creatures of the flesh. (and at THIS school…..I don’t know, maybe especially this school……either way works) So, that was that. I came by myself and left by myself. I was about to walk to The Gates of Hell. But, it was too far and my legs were hurting again. So, I just sat under a really large tree near the Quad. I sat there for like thirty minutes and thought about things. Then I went home and to sleep.

Oh….yes, my injury. Well, Tuesday was TKD practice night. And this last Tuesday was the first day for sparring. It was a shadow spar but, I was kneed in the thigh by a lower belt. That night, it didn’t hurt. But, boy…oh boy, did it hurt the next morning. Hence, I’ve been limping around for the last three days. I go at record slow speeds. But, now I can watch the environment that I’m in. OH YES, stairs are a bitch. (very much so)

Then, last night my house played capture the flag with the house next door. Serra v. Casa Zapata. (I’m in Serra) In the end, they cheated, and thought they won. And we knew that they cheated, so we decided that we won. It was generally a win-win situation.

Then, I wake up today. I’m planning on going to a French party tonight. (not really party) And I think I will be limping to the local Satellite Dish on campus on a very high hill tomorrow. It is a three-four mile trek. I’m looking forward to it very much so. I’ll be going alone (a friend bailed out today because of lots of work they he had to do). I’m still happily looking forward to it.

Well, I think I’m done for this week. Stay tuned next week. (or even earlier?) (suspenseful, eh?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home