Monday, October 11, 2004

Hunting for Lingerie........

Last Saturday, I went to SF again. This time with almost all the frosh at Stanford. It was indeed the notoriously crazy yearly scavenger hunt!

I woke up at about 8 in the morning to walk to the Caltrain. We got to SF at about 11 PM. That morning I relapsed into another state of melancholia. It really was unpredictable. I think it was triggered by one comment that really struck me to the core. How odd that things like these can happen. But, I went through a very quiet and reserved morning only commenting when directly asked anything. It was a chance for me to gloom and observe my fellow companions in a different filter. My natural outwardness does inhibit the receptance of certain dimensions of people. But, through a sephia tone, my surroundings with its people do take on another shade.

Anyhow, how could I be gloom for long when we had to do such crazy task for the scavenger hunt. We started out by praying to a statue, jumping into a bay, and giving children flowers that we happen to find anywhere. We meet this European little girl (I think she was two years old) at a bookstore that accepted our little flower that we picked from the bay. She was shy and timid while being bold and courageous at the same. I don't think anyone would not have smiled to see the sanguinity and exuberance of such youth. That really cheered me up. Then we did more crazy things.

Such as: jumped into a public fountain and played ball, protested on the streets of the Haight, tried to sell our underwear, serenaded random couples, tried to apply to strip-joints (I think I went into about 7 places), bought lewd items (imagine.......), cross-dressed, kissed live seafood, etc....

I almost forgot about the extremely notorious Stanford crotch hand-shake. I was indeed an interesting time. However, we did not get into Victoria Secret to try on lingerie. When we enterd the door, two very large men in suits approached us and declared that "the police are on their way." It was trite but, very effective. As the afternoon bore on the SFranciscan knew that Stanford was there, so they became quite unhospitable. I got kinda sick after sitting in the back of a taxi van. And we ended our day at the Metreon shopping center. Overall, I had fun. But man.......J'etais tres fat-and-gay. That night I think I got about eleven hours of sleep. I slept like a baby on tranquilizers.

The trip offered lots of chances at nudity. However, our class of '08 didn't really take up the invitation. I guess we are just more shy in public. Usually, there is quite a lot of streaking on Haight Street. But, don't underestimate. Stanford students still do lots of streaking indeed. The all-frosh dorm next to mine does like at least two streaks a week. (Usually induced by drinking games or intense exuberance) No inhibitions at all.

I went to CHINATOWN. YAY. It was very interesting. I liked it. Hopefully I'll be there for Lunar New Year Celebration in February.

I got to know some new people better from my dorm. And saw some very colorful individuals. I did see some people that I want to know better. And I hope that it will work out.....

But.........

I spent the Sunday, doing very little work. I saw Spiderman 2 again. It was still very fun to watch.

I was melancholy last night. Probably on something trivial again (peut-etre involving some social relationship/interaction). But, c'est moi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home