Monday, January 24, 2005

Crazy Saturday

Yesterday was hell.

So much more tiresome than a regular day. Let's see....I got up at 8 and went to work (of the official type) from 9-11 am. I ran back and had a quick lunch. Ran back to the quad to hear a keynote speaker on activism in society. It was good. He really chained everything together. It was sad to listen to though. So many things not pretty and nice. It makes me realize how much of a realist I am with an optimist right under the surface. Halfway through, a post-middle age man with a US Navy sweatshirt on stands up and makes a big scene. "That's full of shit." - methinks that's the exact wording. And stomps out in a hissy fit. It was so very absurd. If you know me, I couldn't help myself from bursting out in laughter. It was so childlike. In a grown bearded man. O-So-Sad. Oh well. What can you do?

Afterwards I ran back to start reading my Shakespeare.

...had dinner. Went to see a dorm-mate, Jason, compete in Stanford's men gymnastic opens. I was very chaotic but very highly-energetic. I had fun. Jason won third overall individual. That was good. Then, I ran home. I changed into my drunk prom outfit and biked to Dance Marathon.

*Dance Marathon is a philanthropy event in which the participants pledge to party for 24 hours in the name of a cause. 250 student participants will stay awake and on their feet for twenty-four hours in an effort to symbolize both the mental and physical challenges faced by children suffering from AIDS. At the event, there will a variety of activities and student performances to keep dancers entertained and inspired for all 24 hours. This is Stanford's first Dance Marathon - proceeds will benefit the Elizabeth Glaser AIDS Pediatric Foundation. Space is limited to 250 dancers, so Register Now! *

I didn't do 24 hours but, I did 4 as a Moraler. (from 9pm-1am)

*Moralers are responsible for supporting and motivating dancers throughout the TWENTY FOUR HOUR Dance Marathon. They are enthusiastic, caring, and not afraid to have fun! They lend their support by dishing out tons of encouragement, joining in on activities, and of course, partaking in a little dancing. *

I did a lot of dancing. I was a bit crazy. (more so than usual) I also had fun. But, I wore hard dress shoes and danced in them for four hours. Last night was no fun for my feet. My entire body felt broken. I went to bed at about 3 last night. I was waiting for a call. ..... It did finally come. But, I was so bummed out.

So, today....being Sunday....I had to do lots of homework. I also worked today. I filled in for someone. Then I went to Lake Lagunita with Chris. I had fun. So, now I'm looking forward to Simpsons at 8pm.

so very tired.....so very sad.....

Today I saw a very sad tree. It was dead with dry moldy branches staggering into its surrounding. Jagging into the pale blue sky and piercing into the lush green grass all around it. Being awkward. Looking forlorn. Sad......me. Furthermore, it was broken and fell to the ground. It arched into the ground again. Falling back to where it came from. A leaf-less stark creature stagnant agains a temperate background - from golden death to vibrantly verdant life.

Am I too obsessed with the utterly desolate? Chris thinks so.

Anyhow, Friday was busy too. I worked until 6pm. Then I don't remember what else happened that night. Just that I was sad. (hmm...this is a reoccuring motif)

Well, don't know what else to say. (I probably do, but not on the top of my head.) So, this is when I know I should stop.

I still haven't received an answer. (Not really expecting one though).

*sighs*

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi tri :) this is julie. lol you do happen to mention desolation and sadness a lot in your blog, but it's pretty balanced with references to that crazy dance marathon and chilling. all in all, it's good representation of the spectrum of human emotion :) good stuff. enjoy stanford man, lates

12:24 AM  
Blogger Em said...

i am reading your blog.

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home